There is a term in the Sanskrit language that describes beautifully the ultimate goal of a state of optimal health.
The word is Pushti, which means: “A well-nourished condition, thriving, prosperous, full and complete.”
We believe that a state of pushti health should be the ultimate goal of the health of the individual, family, community, nation and world. This level of health can only be attained with conscious participation on the individual level.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi
By taking personal responsibility for one’s own health, and partnering with holistic health practitioners & enthusiasts, we believe we can make the paradigm shift from a system of “disease care”, to a proactive, positive, health promotion system. This shift is necessary to transform the health of individuals, the nation, and the world.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
We are dedicated to empowering our members through education of holistic lifestyle principles that have been at the core of many holistic healing traditions across the globe. Personal lifestyle choices are some of the most important factors in the quality of one’s health and that give us the ability to attain optimal vitality! We call these principles our “Foundations of Vitality”. We believe that if these 5 Foundations are all addressed 90+% of all illness (& costs related to them) disappears.
Foundations of Vitality
1. Mind & Stress Reduction
Cultivating the mind through meditation, reflection, breathing practices, inquiry, conscious relaxation practices.
2. Activity (or Qi cultivation)
Using physical activity that is appropriate for your body, your age, and your fitness level. Ideally one that cultivates Qi (energy or life force) and not depletes it.
3. Food & Water
Eating a nutrient dense diet appropriate to your constitution, at this point in time. In addition to adequate pure water.
4. Rejuvenation, Rest, Repair
Ensure enough deep, restful, quality sleep in your life. In addition to balancing your activity with “downtime”, where you can unwind and allow the rejuvenation to take place.
5. Love & Connection
Cultivating loving and connected relationships in our homes, businesses, and communities.
We believe that by empowering people with the potent, yet simple tools of the “Foundations of Vitality”, individuals can transform their lives and the lives of those around them for the better. Our association plans on pushing the “tip of the wedge” that opens up this new paradigm of holistic care for the masses.
“To treat disease after it has already appeared, is like digging a well after one is already thirsty.”
~Yellow Emperor’s Classic on Chinese Medicine
As part of an ever closer global community in which we live, we believe that social & individual responsibility is a key component of the new paradigm of health & care. This includes business social responsibility for our association’s actions, and its positive impact on the environment, members, and employees. By incorporating the perspective that “everyone is in it together”, we believe this will achieve optimal results. We strive to put ourselves in the shoes of our partners to create “win-win” situations for the best possible outcomes in all situations.
We believe in the future of successful long term business models being guided by universal truths. Many of these truths can be found in teachings from many of the world’s spiritual traditions. Here are what we believe to be these common truths, & some of the ways we hope to implement these truths:
1. “First do no harm” in the practice of medicine & health promotion
• Use the least invasive, cost-effective methods first
• Create deep and potent patient-practitioner relationships, which promote faster healing.
2. Compassion & Empathy
•Create an environment of empathy and understanding
•Strive to create “Win-Win” situations in all relationships.
3. Truthfulness- we will strive to have full transparency in:
• Our financial records,
• Honesty in our business transactions.
• Sharing of knowledge of what is most cost-effective with our members and partners.
4. Non-Stealing- to entirely avoid all theft, of funds and services
• Expect our partners and community to do the same.
5. Community Sharing- to share in the growth, optimization and success of the healthcare transformation project by:
• Building a community of healers from all modalities.
• Interaction of practitioners with their peers to learn and grow from each other’s experience both clinically and personally.
6. Perseverance- to overcome fear and indecision, and to achieve the goals of transforming healthcare!
7. Keep it clean- the concept of keeping procedures neat, simple, efficient, and user friendly.
8. Contentment- acceptance of current situation while striving for improvement.
9. Self Study- Regular evaluation of one’s goals, ideas, actions, and direction on all levels to maintain a vital and sustainable model.
• Individually- members must continually assess what will be the most cost effective modalities for achieving optimal health.
• As a business
• As a community
• As a practitioner/healer
10. Surrender to the Divine- to remember that there is a power greater than us as individuals, and to keep the awareness of the Divine interconnection with all.
We promote sustainable medicine as a system that fundamentally changes the way that we look at, use, and maintain our world’s limited resources. All aspects of life are connected in a dynamic interdependent ecosystem, which we must protect and be conscious of.
We will do all we can to support our community by providing services and products that will meet the needs of holistic enthusiasts who think “outside the box”, who know that better and more effective interventions exist for many of our current health problems.
People are always looking for their role models. Become a holistic healing role model for others. Deepen your knowledge, spread that knowledge, and share your wisdom with your patients, friends, and fellow healers. Become a leader, enthusiast, and a champion of holistic health! Learn more about becoming a member HERE